Tom has been a human services professional for over 34 years and
brings a rich blend of professional experience in mental health, addictions
and gerontology to his present profession. He is a long-term resident of
Pinellas County and his interest in the advocacy and protection of our aging
population began at an early age with influences from his mother, a registered
nurse, and further energized while working on his master’s degree in
Tom has maintained his passion for preserving the integrity and dignity of
our aging generation and is a client-oriented decision maker with expertise
in ethical practices and successfully coordinating services and systems.
Tom has served in the following professional roles:
• President and CEO - Aging Resource Management, LLC
• Certified Aging Life Care Professional® - Barlowe and Associates, LLC
• Administrator/Vice President - Operation PAR
• Assessment Coordinator – Greater Dallas County Council on Alcohol and Drug Abuse.
• Adult Felony Probation Officer – Dallas County Probation Department
• General Supervisor – The Salvation Army, Adult Rehabilitation Center
• Counselor/Supervisor – The Salvation Army Adult Rehabilitation Center
In 2019, Tom founded Aging Resource Management where he continues to blend his passion,
expertise and service into his own practice. Tom is an Advanced Professional Member of the Aging
Life Care Association® (ALCA) and was selected to serve as Unit Leader of the Tampa Bay Chapter.
As an active member of ALCA, Tom is involved with the membership committee, which is dedicated to
recruiting and supporting emerging Aging Life Care™ Managers as they became members of ALCA.
Tom has been married to his wife, Helen, for 35 years and has raised his family in Seminole since
1994. Tom and Helen have lived, worked and been community members in the Tampa Bay area for
many years, and possess extensive knowledge of local resources that are invaluable when
connecting clients and families to the most effective community resources.
Tom maintains and possesses the following skills and accomplishments:
• Expertise in clinical assessment
• Clinical counseling experience
• Skillful in recognition of dementia symptoms, establishing trust and client engagement
• Certified Addictions Professional (Florida Certification Board), 1997
• Master’s Degree in Community Psychology, Springfield University, 2000
• Bachelor’s Degree in Rehabilitation Science, University of Texas, 1991
• Certified Care Manager (CMC), 2016
• Member of the Aging Life Care Association® ALCA, 2016
• Unit Leader of the Tampa Bay Chapter of ALCA, 2017
• Over 34 Years of clinical and administrative management in mental health, addiction, and gerontology
• Established in the community as a professional, ethical and a family man
© 2019-2022 Aging Resource Management, LLC | Site created by AdGumbo